People say that when u r extremely excited or thrilled or emotional about ur life and happenings, words don’t come easy. I am facing a similar situation. I ve been trying to write for the past half an hour but most of the time, the key that I ve been using is “backspace” 🙂 Seriously, I am laughing at myself right now.
I ve been having some wonderful moments for the past few days. Recording session of “malarvaadi” was beyond crazy. I don’t want to say much and raise your expectations anymore. I am just hoping that my instincts wouldn’t go wrong. Lets see!!
By the way, I had an interesting comment on my last post by “ghostneguz”. He wanted me to answer a few questions that he had. I felt I should do so coz it was interesting.
These were the questions that he had..
1) how do u handle such expectations with ur debut movie since u r sreenivasan’s son?…u may say “avoid comparisons”,but its a fact that 90% of the people will not follow tat….u see the tag of sreenivasan’s son as a blessing or a burden?
2) i am sure u could have easily approached mohanlal using ur dad’s script.but u r starting off with a newcomer’s film.now is tat to make a statement of “independence”?
3) sreenivasan mentioned in many interviews tat he rarely used to have complete script b4 the shooting commence.wat ur opinion abt this?…mind u!! ur dad n lohi sir were quite success following that.
4) heard tat pranav mohanlal is there in this movie?…is it true or just a rumour?
Now my answers:-
1) expectation is scary. But at the same time, it’s a very positive thing. It makes you more responsible. That’s one reason why I take my screenplay almost every alternate day and do corrections to come out with something better. Tag of sreenivasan’s son is definitely a blessing. “Self identity craze” is actually a disease. I am in this world because of him. Whatever I am today is because of my parents. I am proud of my lineage. Comparison is a good thing actually. You ll develop the desire to raise your own standards when that happens. I am 100% genuine on what I am saying. Not that I am not seeing the other side of things. I like to stay positive..
2) I am not here to make any statements bro’. I am here to do things that I love. What’s the challenge in using my father’s script and climbing the easy way up? He is what he is because of his hard work. I believe in hard work. That’s y I thought of writing it myself. Of course, i had my father’s guidance all the way. The process itself is amazing. I always wanted to do my debut film with newcomers, for so many reasons. Freshness, novelty, adventure… I can go on… 🙂 [I would love to do movies with senior stars, but only when I ve something interesting for them.]
3) First of all, I ll tell u the advantages of having the script beforehand. Planning becomes easier. All the actors and crew members will have a clear picture of what they are doing. A finished script will help reducing the budget a lot. Now that’s a very important thing as far as Malayalam movies are concerned. When u ve an incomplete script, it might or might not work. There is always a risk.
4) I am really sorry, I can’t reveal anything on the star cast of the movie right now. You might ve a few surprises. 🙂